The greatest advantage of our technology is Knowledge Representation. Expert
Knowledge, once captured in the model, allows being used in one or other direction
for various types of reasoning. Which means, that system not just
On this site we are testing new on-line Expert System Engine Dedal and Knowledge
Bases, and run sample consultations.
- automatically Consults - i.e. provides expert decision on the user question,
- runs "What If"s - to show how expert decision would change if user changes
- runs "How To"s - to show what should be changed in the user input to bring
the user to the desired goal (expert decision).
Consulting with Dedal is an interactive process of getting Expert Decision on one
of the available Consultation questions.
How it works
During dialog DEDAL will ask you questions related to the case and will provide
its "Expert Decision(s)".
- build your answer from available choices or enter your own if provided,
- see the History of answers and current expert intermediate decisions,
- move back and change answers,
- see Comment or additional DEDAL consulting for the question,
- check the logic of why this question is asked under the current Rule tab.
is a Report
- can be customized through Template for Report (Forms, templates for legal docs,
- downloaded in MS Word format for future formating.
- lead to Explanation, What If and How To mode pages.
- check out the Decision Tree,
- click links in statements to get Why a particular Decision was made,
- find formal Rule that was used by DEDAL, and
- texts and sources this Rule was built on
- change any of your answers,
- supply for new inference,
- new decision or continuation of consultation will open in a new window.
- set the desired outcome, and
- supply for new inference,
- get sdvice what in your case should be changed to get you to this goal.
Domain of legal knowledge is used for samples
Following sample Knowledge Bases and Consultations demonstrate different DEDAL features
and possible uses.
- IRS Publication 17 and some Tax Code Articles are used as an example
to automate consulting on tax or any other regulations.
- FBAR Decision Tree was developed to demonstrate how knowledge captured
in paper chartflows can be transformed for automated consulting.
- Choice of Entity Knowledge Base is an ongoing project with a well-known
Royse Law Firm, PC, to help emerging businesses
choose appropriate business form.
Ongoing are projects to demonstrate how the DEDAL can build legal forms and documents
based on a client case situation.
Disclaimer: Expert Decisions made ARE NOT formal legal advice.
Use Dedal consultations just as you would use any other published source with author's
personal opinion on some hypothetical case.
Relational Data Model and Relational Algebra is used to represent Knowledge.
Deductive Logic powers the main Inference Engine.
XML data format is used for Knowledge Bases storage.
Send comments to Sergiy Fedorov firstname.lastname@example.org
More great Consultations are coming.
Bookmark and share this site with your friends and colleagues.